- Conduct of Examinations
The examinations of the University will be conducted under the auspices of examination branch and shall be held on the specified dates according to the Date sheet notified by the Controller of Examinations.
- Practical Examination
Practical examination will be held after the theoretical examination of the subject but in special cases, it may be held before the theoretical examination with approval of Controller of Examination.
- Sub-groups in Practical Examination
For the purpose of practical examination, the Chairperson of the Department may divide candidates into subgroups on the recommendation of the course instructor.
- Course Evaluation
A student shall be evaluated in each course on the basis of Assignments/Quizzes ,Mid Semester Examinations, Term Paper/Project and End Semester Examinations as per the weightage given in next paragraph.
- Courses Consisting of Theory Only
- Courses Consisting of Theory and Practical
- Courses Consisting of Theory Only
- Result Submission
After End-Semester Examination, the instructor will generate the result sheet through AVICENNA and, with the endorsement of Chairperson and Dean, submit the final sheet to the examination office within five days of the respective examination paper. The instructor shall also submit the marked answer books, exam attendance sheet and a copy of question paper along with the grade sheet.
- Examination Eligibility
- Grades and Promotion
- The minimum pass marks for each course shall be 50%.
- A student obtaining less than 50% marks in any course shall be deemed to have failed in that course.
- A student failing to complete required course work for his/her (BS (Hons)/BBA/BSAF/BT), B.Sc Engineering and Master degree programs at the end of 6th, 7th and 3rd academic years respectively shall cease to be the student of the University. However, for B.Ed/M.Ed this limit shall be 1 ½ academic year.
- A separate transcript shall also be issued to each student showing the completed and grade obtained in each course on the payment of transcript fee. Transcript will be signed by the Controller of Examinations. However, Provisional Certificate will be signed by the Controller of Examinations and the respective Dean.
- There shall be no re-evaluation of answer books. A student may, on payment of prescribed fee, within thirty days from the date of declaration of the result, get the answer book re-checked for any numerical error like transfer of marks and/or totaling which will be done by the Controller of Examinations, however, for the discrepancy like unmarked question/portion the case will be sent to the Chairperson of the concerned department. Errors and omissions, if any, shall be rectified.
- The answer books used in the examination and the students' attendance sheets after expiring of one year will be disposed off through open auction by inviting the local vendors.
- Grading System
The students are awarded grades i.e. A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, D and F as per following equivalence:
|> 79 and <= 85
|> 73 and <= 79
|> 67 and <= 73
|> 61 and <= 67
|> 55 and <= 61
|> 49 and <= 55
|40 - 49
- The “D” grade is mandatory to be improved for becoming eligible for the award of degree.
- Incomplete (I) grade is not counted in calculation of CGPA.
- Conduct of Viva Voce
Viva Voce Examination dates will be announced by the Examination Branch for all departments.
A student will be placed on “Probation” if his/her CGPA at the end of an academic year is between 1.75 and 1.99 (both inclusive).
- Academic Detention
- “Academic Relegation” means that a student will have to repeat the previous academic year (all courses) by joining a junior entry/batch.
- A student shall be academically relegated if he/she has the CGPA below 2.0 at the end of two consecutive academic years.
- A student shall be academically relegated if his/her CGPA is below 1.75 in any academic year.
- “Academic Dismissal” implies that the student is removed from the University nominal roll and ceases to be a registered student of the University due to academic deficiency.
- A student will undergo academic dismissal if he fails to achieve a CGPA of 2.0 at the end of academic year in which he/she was placed on relegation.
- A student who does not attend two semesters and is not in contact with the University management his/her name shall be struck off from the rolls of the University; however, he/she may seek re-admission in the same semester(s) as and when offered.
- Fresh Admission
Admission in the first semester, without going through the admission process, is granted to only those undergraduate students who have been dismissed on academic grounds but only for once as fresh admission
- Incomplete (I) Grade:
A student may be awarded “I” grade in a course, if he/she cannot take the end semester examination due to permissible reasons (accidental/medical and religious) reported timely. The Chairperson of the concerned department shall decide whether the reason was permissible or not. The appeal may be filed with the Dean of faculty concerned whose decision shall be final.
A student awarded “I” grade in a course may appear in the End Semester Examination of that course whenever held in a summer semester and / or when the examination schedule makes it possible for the student to take the examination after completing the requirements which make him/her eligible to appear in the examination to the said course. However, in such case the student's previous results of mid-term exam and quiz/assignment (sessional work) shall stand valid.
- Repeating Courses/Improving Grades
- If a student obtains “F” grade in any course, he/she shall have to repeat that course. Similarly whenever a student obtains a grade lower than “B” he/she can improve the grade. A student of MBA/BS(Hons)/BBA and B.Sc Engineering shall be allowed to improve maximum of 6 courses and student of MA/M.Sc shall be allowed to improve 3 courses to improve the grade in the whole course of study. In case of M.Ed only 2 courses can be improved.
- An academically deficient regular (within minimum residency) student shall be allowed to repeat/improve the courses during summer semester only. While academically deficient casual (after minimum residency) student shall be allowed to repeat/improve the courses either during summer semester or whenever teaching and examination schedule make it possible for him/her to register himself/herself for the courses. In case of Repetition/Improvement of a course the student shall have to pay course Registration and Examination fee as prescribed by the University.
- As soon as student improves a course, his/her previous grade for that course shall be cancelled, and latest Grade earned by the student shall be substituted and considered for the computation of CGPA. It shall be noted that a student can only improve a grade lower than “B” however, the improved grade should not exceed from “B”.
- A student shall not be allowed to improve his/her CGPA once he/she attains minimum of 2.00 CGPA after minimum residency period, provided there is no F grade in courses required for the award of degree.
- Withholding of Program’s Final Semester Result
- The result of final examination of a student, who is allowed to appear in the final semester examination while carrying courses of the lower semesters, shall not be declared till he/she has cleared all courses of lower semesters. His/her final semester result will be declared with the session in which he/she clears his/her last course of the degree program.
- The Dean may withhold the declaration of the result of a candidate who has not met all the conditions of the eligibility.
- Award of the Degree
The University of Wah shall award the degree to the student who fulfills the following conditions:
- Has successfully completed/passed total credit hours/courses of the degree within the prescribed duration of the degree program.
- Has scored a final Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.00 out of 4.00.
- Gold Medal
In each degree program, the student who tops the class in a degree program in terms of CGPA, will be awarded a gold medal and a certificate to this effect, provided that;
- His/her class size/CGPA of the degree program is minimum 25/3.5 for all disciplines less faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, where the minimum class size/CGPA may be 15/3.25
- His/her class size/CGPA of the degree program is minimum 10/3.5 for all disciplines of graduate programs.
- He/she completed the degree in minimum residency.
- He/she had a good conduct and behavior during the stay for the degree to be certified by the Dean concerned.
- In case of more than one student obtaining equal CGPA, decision will be made in favor of the student who obtained higher aggregate marks in the degree program; however, if such students obtain equal marks, gold medal will be awarded to all such contestants.
The University shall hold formal convocation periodically for the award of degrees and certificates to its graduates. The University may, however issue to them Provisional Certificates/Academic Degrees (on payment of prescribed fee) during the interim period between the graduation of a student and holding of the next convocation.
- Eradication/Controlling of Unfair Means During Examinations
In accordance with the functions of the University (e) and the power and the duties of Academic Council (2-c) as given in the University of Wah Act, 2009, the University has constituted the Unfair Means Control Committee to deal with the cases pertaining to the use of Unfair Means by the students in the examination as per prescribed regulations.
All cases related to use of unfair means will be reported to the Unfair Means Control Committee through Controller of Examinations, UW for disposal. Students are urged to stay away from the use of Unfair Means and be familiar with the University policy on the subject.